Electric Diaphragm Pump Case Study for Wastewater Treatment Dewatering
ARO 2" stainless steel EVO Series™ pump offers maximum energy efficiency in wastewater metering application
The EVO Series™ Electric Diaphragm Pump was placed in a manufacturing facility producing chemicals and other equipment for the commercial cleaning industry.
Products being manufactured at the facility include: dish washing detergent, hand cleaners, sanitizers, disinfectants, floor cleaners, strippers, finishers, sealers for stone, tile, and grout, degreasers, glass cleaners, laundry detergents and other chemicals and equipment.
The large commercial cleaning product manufacturer required the following features in their wastewater discharge pump:
• The ability to maintain consistent flow rates at varying head pressures
• Constant operation at multiple speeds
• Precise metering of wastewater into the municipal sewer system
• The ability to quickly increase flow to discharge a large volume of wastewater based on system requirements
The EVO Series™ Electric Diaphragm Pump was installed to push a precise amount of wastewater through a filtration system with varying pressures. The pump discharges the exact amount of treated wastewater based on the allowable flow rate dictated by the municipality. The pump provides “sprint” capability to discharge large amounts of wastewater if it is required by the treatment process.
Running Hours: 1,600
Average Speed: 40 pump rpm/4.2 rad/s (17 Hz)
Average Torque: 10% achieving average, 26% max peak
Current Flow: average 3.6 amps, achieving max 5.4 amps
Average Pressure: 16.9 psi (1.1 bar)
Average Flow Rate: 30 gpm (113.6 l/min)
Specifications of the pump installed:
2” EVO Series™ Electric Diaphragm Pump with Stainless Steel pump head, PTFE Diaphragm and Balls
The customer highlighted the following benefits noted after four months of operation:
• Low pulsation results in significant output efficiency
• Ability to perform consistently at different speeds to be able to maximize the customer’s output requirements
• Significant noise reduction
• Pump has not required any maintenance, thus reducing costs and resources
The EVO Series™ Electric Diaphragm Pump saved the customer money by maximizing energy efficiency and minimizing maintenance costs.